Following the government’s announcement on a renewed lockdown, we are pleased to say that we are open for business.
As we all get used to new ways of buying and selling property, we hope you will understand the measures we have had to put in place to keep everyone safe.
As the situation and the guidelines are changing regularly and quickly, we will adapt our working practices however we need to keep our colleagues and clients well.
There is more detail on the government’s guidelines, including advice on how to proceed once offers are made and moving day approaches. Click here to read the advice.
FOR VALUATIONS AND VIEWINGS
- ensure our property details give as full a picture as possible, to minimise unnecessary viewings
- ask if you are free of symptoms before every visit – if you do, we’re sorry we have to refuse the viewing
- sanitise our hands before we enter a property and / or wear protective gloves
- keep at least 2m from you, and not shake hands
- wear face coverings where a 2m distance is not possible
- keep printed documents to a minimum
- at viewings, wipe all touchpoints in a property after our visit
- wipe all touchpoints in our cars after every trip
- not organise ‘open house’ events, or back-to-back viewings.
sellers, we ask…
- while we remain happy to offer free of charge property valuations for insurance, re-mortgage or general interest purposes, we ask that you accept this via video-call rather than a home visit
- when we accompany viewings to your property, to open all internal doors and turn on appropriate lights
- vacate the property for the duration of the viewing.
potential buyers, we ask you to…
- request to view properties only if you are genuinely interested and proceedable after fully viewing its details on our website (and video tour where these are available)
- use sanitising gel, wash hands or wear gloves before and after viewings
- ask that you bring face coverings and gloves
- refrain from touching surfaces, handles, switches etc
- make your own way to a property, and not rely on a lift in our car
- have no more than two people viewing a property at a time, and only if from the same household.
IN THE OFFICE, WE WILL…
- only allow meetings that are pre-arranged
- thoroughly and regularly clean and sanitise our offices
- try to keep 2m apart from colleagues and visitors
- sanitise/wash our hands whenever we return to the office from elsewhere
- wipe house-keys when they return to the office
- if one of us feels unwell, follow the government guidelines at that time
Finally, thank you for being considerate and patient while we all work together to get moving again.