OPEN FOR BUSINESS
14th May 2020
Following the government’s announcement on kickstarting the housing market after Lockdown, we are pleased to say that we are once again open for business.
As it’s clear we are all going to have to get used to new ways of buying and selling property over the next few weeks, we hope you will understand the measures we have had to put in place to keep everyone safe – and in advance, we thank you for being considerate and patient while we all work together to get moving again.
FOR VALUATIONS AND VIEWINGS WE WILL…
• ensure that our property details give as full a picture as possible, to minimise unneccessary viewings
• ask if you are free of symptoms before every visit – if you do have symptoms, we are unfortunately required to refuse the viewing
• sanitise our hands before we enter a property and / or wear protective gloves
• keep at least a two-metre distance from you, and won’t shake hands
• wear face coverings where a 2m distance is not possible
• keep printed documents to a minimum
• at viewings, wipe all touchpoints in a property after our visit
• wipe all touchpoints in our cars after every trip
• not organise ‘open house’ events, or back-to-back viewings
FOR VALUATIONS AND VIEWINGS WE ASK YOU…
• while we remain happy to offer free of charge property valuations for insurance, re-mortgage or general interest purposes, we ask that you accept this via video-call over a home visit
• when we accompany viewings to your property, to open all internal doors and turn on appropriate lights, and then vacate the property for the duration of the visit
potential buyers, we ask you to:
• request to view properties only if you are genuinely interested after fully viewing its details on our website – many now have video-tours
• wash hands before and after the viewing
• ask that you bring face coverings and gloves
• refrain from touching surfaces, handles, switches etc
• make your own way to a property, and not rely on a lift in our car
• have no more than two people viewing a property at a time, and only if from the same household
IN THE OFFICE, WE WILL
• only allow meetings that are pre-arranged
• thoroughly and regularly clean and sanitise our offices
• try to keep two metres apart from colleagues and visitors
• wash our hands whenever we return to the office from elsewhere
• wipe house-keys when they return to the office
• if one of us feels unwell we will follow the government guidelines at that time
As we all know, the situation and the guidelines are changing regularly and quickly, and we will adapt our working practices however we need to keep our colleagues and clients well.
There is more detail on the government’s guidelines, including advice on how to proceed once offers are made and moving day approaches. Click here to read the advice.
Once again, thank you for being considerate and patient while we all work together to get moving again.