3 Bed Detached House Sold STC
Eastern Road, Wivelsfield Green, RH17
Guide Price £750,000 (Freehold)
- Single-storey residence of 2000 ft.² in 0.45 acre plot plus woodland of approximately 6 acres - Original Cottage believed to date from 1800
- In need of refurbishment/redevelopment STPP
- Wonderful rural setting close to Ditchling Common Nature Reserve
- Walk of Village pub, school and shop
- Previously used as home and printing business
- Extensive garaging/working space/studio
- Excellent local primary school - Chailey Secondary School catchment – bus service
- Enclosed south facing gardens with pool - Driveway and second vehicular access area
- 3.5 miles of Haywards Heath & Wivelsfield railway stations
GUIDE PRICE … £750,000-£800,000
PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO BEFORE BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
A rather interesting period single-storey cottage which has been significantly extended with extensive garaging/work/annexe space in need of complete refurbishment or offering tremendous redevelopment possibilities, sitting in grounds of 0.45 acres with an additional 6 acres of ancient woodland* as part of the Sussex border path/bridleway network, located on the rural south/western outskirts of the village, within walking distance of the local pub, school and shop/store/delicatessen.
*The woodland heads off in a southerly direction from the house and runs for about 400 metres x 20-40 metres wide towards Hundred Acre Lane and it is very much open for walkers but could be partly fenced and managed.
Old Wheel Cottage occupies a perfect location as it has a rural position towards the end of a no-through lane, has some neighbours so isn’t isolated yet is within a stone's throw of the Village Hall and Recreation Ground and is within walking distance of all facilities. The initial part of Eastern Road is quite built-up but at the end of the lane it becomes part of the Ditchling Common nature reserve where there are several footpaths and bridleways providing some wonderful links to adjoining countryside, the nearby woodland, Village and neighbouring districts. Wivelsfield Green has a village store/delicatessen/post office, a great pub with restaurant, several sports and leisure clubs and a wonderful primary school. Children from the village catch a school bus to Chailey secondary school in neighbouring South Chailey. The local area is well served by many excellent independent schools. The nearby towns of Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill both have extensive shopping, recreational and leisure facilities and railway stations.
By road, access to the major surrounding areas can be swiftly gained via the B2112, A272 and A/M23, the latter lying about 8 miles to the west at Bolney.
Distances: approximate on foot/car/rail
Primary school/store/pub 0.8, Chailey Secondary School 3.8 (bus service),
Railway stations: Wivelsfield 2.9, Burgess Hill 3.8, Haywards Heath 4 (HH - London Bridge/Victoria 45 mins)
A23 at Bolney 8, Brighton seafront 12, Gatwick Airport 17
Council Tax Band: F
- Wivelsfield - 1.47miles
- Burgess Hill - 1.86miles
- Plumpton - 2.62miles
- Haywards Heath - 3.08miles
- Hassocks - 3.66miles