6 Bed Detached For Sale
Lodge Lane, Keymer
- Detached Victorian house dating back to 1870 with 5/6 bedrooms and accommodation arranged over 3 floors
- Beautifully presented throughout with kitchen, bathrooms and bedroom furniture by ‘Wood & Wood’
- Stunning views to the South Downs from first and second floors
- Walking distance of open farmland, schools for all age groups, village centre and mainline railway station
- Sizeable cellars with internal access
- Brick paved driveway for several cars, tandem length double garage and adjoining workshop/utility
- Numerous period features including high skirting boards and ornate coved high ceilings
- South-West facing partially walled and fully enclosed rear gardens
- Bay fronted double aspect 28’ x 12’6 sitting room with cast iron log burner
- Council Tax Band: F / EPC Rating: E
A beautifully presented detached Victorian Villa with accommodation arranged over three floors plus extensive cellarage. Dating from 1870 this substantial family home has undergone an extensive sympathetic updating and modernisation programme and now comes to the market for the first time in some 11 years, many original period features are retained throughout the house and harmoniously coupled with a modern kitchen and sanitary fittings by ‘Wood and Wood’.
On the ground floor a checkerboard mosaic tiled step leads into the hall where access is gained to all ground floor rooms and a staircase leads down to the cellars. There is a double aspect 27'6’ x 12’7 sitting room with fitted log burner originally two rooms and still retaining two doors to the hall. A spacious bay fronted separate dining room, refitted cloakroom/WC and a refitted bespoke hand crafted kitchen with solid granite worktops and quarry tiled floor. On the half landing a refitted family shower room with white ‘Savoy’ suite, on the first floor the master bedroom includes extensive built in bedroom furniture (also by Wood & Wood) and an en-suite bathroom/WC. There are three further double bedrooms each with fitted furniture. On the second floor there is a sizeable refitted family bathroom with His ‘n’ Hers wash hand basins inset in granite. The second floor is currently utilised as a home office by our clients but was originally two rooms and could easily be returned if required, the second floor enjoys stunning panoramic views of the South Downs National Park, Jack and Jill Windmills, Ditchling Beacon and Wolstonbury.
Outside, ample parking is afforded by a brick paved driveway/hardstanding which also accesses the tandem length double garage, behind the garage there is a 12’5 x 8’5 workshop/utility room. The South-West facing rear garden measure 55’ in width and has a maximum depth of 65’, there is a substantial patio area ideal for al fresco dining, a level area of lawn and a small ornamental ‘Koi Carp’ pond.
- Hassocks - 0.66miles
- Burgess Hill - 2.35miles
- Wivelsfield - 3.12miles
- Plumpton - 3.22miles
- Falmer - 4.45miles