4 Bed Detached Under Offer
Private Road, Balcombe
Guide Price £1,500,000
- Superb 4-bedroom extended detached character home of 2,648 sq.ft. with versatile accommodation arranged over three floors, set in beautiful, landscaped gardens. Plot approx. 0.5 acre.
- Drawing room with feature inset wood-burning stove to chimney. Beautifully appointed bespoke country-style kitchen/breakfast room with Aga and patio doors to garden.
- Stunning, recently constructed, dining/family room extension with oak-framed glazed gable, bi-folding doors, patio doors, feature wood-burning stove and contemporary galleried mezzanine floor.
- Separate utility room. Cloakroom/W.C. Study with feature fireplace and door to garden.
- 3 first floor bedrooms each with en-suite facilities. Family bathroom (Jack and Jill to bedroom 3).
- Bedroom 4 to second floor with luxury en-suite bathroom.
- Private driveway providing off-road parking for several vehicles. Secure brick-built garage complex (42’3 x 16’1) offering scope for annexe accommodation.
- Extensive paved patio ideal for summer entertaining/alfresco dining. Circular, luxury dining gazebo, large log store and two timber sheds/stores.
- Sought after edge of village location. High degree of privacy and seclusion. Easy road access on A/M23. Short drive to Balcombe rail station.
- EPC Rating: D. Council Tax Band: G.
*NEW ON* ~ A FORMER LODGE to the adjacent Coombe House, this attractive DETACHED, PERIOD COTTAGE dates to the early 1900s and has been tastefully EXTENDED, MODERNISED and REFURBISHED by the present owners who have happily resided in the property for the past 6 years.
All works have been carried out to a particularly high standard with recent internal and external re-decoration throughout. The property retains much of its original charm and character offering versatile living accommodation arranged over THREE FLOORS which briefly comprises: a large RECEPTION PORCH; ENTRANCE HALL; a STUDY with feature fireplace and door to outside; an impressive DRAWING ROOM with wood-burning stove inset to chimney and double doors to the rear garden.
A beautifully appointed, bespoke, country-style, KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM features an Aga in addition to a ‘Smeg’ oven and gas hob, along with further built-in appliances including a dishwasher. An extensive range of base cupboards and drawers are finished with granite work surfaces along with a central island, also with granite top, space for table and chairs and tiled flooring. French doors from here open onto the extensive patio and a further door gives access to the driveway and rear garden. There is also a luxury re-fitted CLOAKROOM and separate UTILITY ROOM accessed via steps from the kitchen, with secondary sink and space/plumbing for appliances.
Sitting off the kitchen, with steps leading down, is an imposing DINING/FAMILY ROOM extension, enjoying a magnificent oak-framed, glazed, gable end with bi-folding doors to the garden. This stunning room also features patio doors, a contemporary-style wood-burning stove and stairs rising to a stylish MEZZANINE FLOOR, currently used as a STUDY.
Stairs from the entrance hallway rise to the FIRST-FLOOR LANDING which features an ornate fireplace and gives access to THREE WELL-PROPORTIONED DOUBLE BEDROOMS, ALL OFFERING EN-SUITE FACILITIES. The impressive MASTER BEDROOM SUITE includes an extensive range of fitted wardrobe cupboards, part-sloping ceilings and a luxury EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM. BEDROOM 3 gives access to a re-fitted luxury ‘Jack and Jill’ FAMILY BATHROOM with white suite including ball and claw bath and separate shower cubicle.
Stairs from the first-floor landing rise to a SECOND-FLOOR accommodating BEDROOM FOUR along with its large, luxury BATHROOM with white suite including free-standing bath and part sloping ceilings.
OUTSIDE: A DETACHED GARAGE (42’3 x 16’1) of brick construction, is situated alongside the main house and fitted with an up and over door on entry, power and light, opening to a STUDIO/HOBBIES ROOM, providing CONSIDERABLE SCOPE TO CONVERT/BUILD A SELF-CONTAINED ANNEXE, or to provide plenty of additional living space for larger families or for those working from home. A brick-paved PRIVATE DRIVEWAY provides parking for several vehicles to the front. Double gates lead into a FURTHER DRIVEWAY offering additional secure parking down one side of the property. Beautifully landscaped GARDENS AND GROUNDS are a particular feature of the property. An extensive paved patio provides ample space for alfresco dining with delightful views over a large expanse of level lawn beyond, bordered with plant and shrub beds. Further, is a luxury DINING GAZEBO, a large LOG STORE and TWO TIMBER SHEDS/STORES. There are several well-established trees and hedgerow, whilst all being fully enclosed and non-overlooked to the rear offering a high degree of privacy and seclusion.
Overall plot 0.5 acres.
Internal viewings highly recommended to avoid disappointment.
- Balcombe - 0.79miles
- Crawley - 3.73miles
- Three Bridges - 3.73miles
- Haywards Heath - 4.44miles
- Ifield - 4.57miles